Why Should I Take a Diabetes Education Class?
Knowledge is Power! Research shows that diabetes education plays an important role in improving your health and avoiding the potential complications associated with diabetes. The AdventHealth Diabetes Institute (FHDI) is here to provide you with the tools and information you need to manage your diabetes daily and make positive lifestyle changes. This class has been well attended in the past, and this one will fill quickly. If you attended this class previously and would like to take it again, you may do so if there are seats available after first time individuals register.
What will I learn?
- Eat healthy to improve blood glucose control
- Use blood glucose results to manage your diabetes
- Start an exercise program that is right for you
- Take and use your medicines wisely
- Avoid the ‘highs’ and ‘lows’ of blood glucose and what to do if it does
- Manage your diabetes if you get sick
- Decrease risk or prevent complications of diabetes
- Make lifestyle changes to improve your health
Does it cost anything to attend?
This class is at no cost to you as long as you are an SDOC employee/family member that is eligible for the Cigna insurance. Dinner will be provided.
Where is the class held?
Class will be held in the Conference room at the Center for Employee Health, 831 Simpson Rd, Suite 102, Kissimmee, Fl. 34744.
Who teaches the class?
The classes are taught by a certified diabetes educator (RN or RD) from the AdventHealth Diabetes Institute in Orlando.
How do I register?
There are limited seats for this class so it is important that you register. To register for a class, please call Helen Jones, the Center’s Care Coordinator at (407) 201-4766.